Sunday, June 20, 2010

American Medical News



American Medical News, The tabloid of the American Medical Association used to be a terrific little market, paying a quick hundred bucks (check returned right along with the rejects) and with a quick turn-around time of usually less than five days. They bought one-time non-exclusive rights. My only complaint (which I never voiced) was that they discarded the original cartoons after use instead of returning them as did most markets. So, a number of my original drawings were lost until I realized what was happening and began submitting xeroxes instead of originals. This one depicts a famous (and very pleased) patient leaving the office of his cosmetic surgeon. (This cartoon is copyrighted by the artist and any unauthorized use is prohibited by law.)

1 comment:

  1. I tried to comment on this one before, hope it goes through this time... Very Cute toon! Thanks for visiting my blog too.

    ReplyDelete